Monday, November 29, 2010

Being a Steel Magnolia is Serious Business.


The Inside-N-Out in McRae, GA.
Small business is our family business.  From accounting to decorating to cooking for the masses, my family has always owned and operated small businesses in small south Georgia towns. 

This is my Momma's shop in McRae, GA.  I wish I had the before pictures to show you how ten years ago she transformed a tiny old house just across the street from the courthouse into this charming and inviting store . 

Besides being the best gift store and bridal and baby registry for local folks, the Inside-N-Out has many customers that stop by on their way to the beautiful Golden Isles of Georgia. And as the name implies, there are great gifts and accessories for your home and garden - inside and out.




New offering! Phickles made in Athens, GA.







Love having Georgia products like Phickles!

The Inside-N-Out loves to showcase and offer Georgia products like Phickles, delicious pickled okra, green tomatoes, carrots and green beans made in Athens, Georgia and recently featured in Garden and Gun Magazine and Atlanta Journal and Constitution.






And if all this shopping makes you hungry, you are in luck because my sister has a wonderful country buffet restaurant just around the corner.

The Depot was founded on the concept of good southern food EVERYDAY!  There is an Erma Bombeck quote that sums up The Depot experience, "I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage."  And the family tradition continues Sunday through Friday at The Depot in McRae with fried chicken, rice and gravy, cornbread dressing, fruit cobbler, biscuits, cornbread and seasonal vegetables like fried green tomatoes, green beans, squash, butterbeans, peas, corn, okra and whatever else is in the garden. YUM! 






And did I mention that every Thursday is BBQ day at The Depot?  Yep, she smokes chickens, ribs and Boston butts all night every Wednesday.  

I am so proud of my Momma and my sister because they embody everything good about the American South.  They are my favorite Steel Magnolias.


3 comments:

  1. I MUST get to this shop soon! Now I see where MM and Millie get their decorating genes! LOVE THE PICS OF THE SHOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quaint shop! Great to see the pictures. You have a talented family. Your sis. is doing an amazing job job with her skills and passion. Will be looking out for her on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on Foodnetwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a friend of Tracey's and stopped by after she posted about you on FB. :) Thanks for the pics of tempting treats for eyes and tummies alike! What a neat family y'all have.

    ReplyDelete